About the Recipe
Cold noodles are some of my favorites when it comes to Asian cuisines, and this recipe is no different! Red miso has a bit more punch in terms of flavor that kick this recipe up a notch. Its fragrant, tangy, and when blended with the garlic and lime juice in this recipe, its heaven. Whenever you are craving a flavorful noodle dish, try this one out!
1 Fresno chile
1/3 English Cucumber, cut in half, sliced
½ cup red miso
4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
4 tsp. light brown sugar
1 large garlic clove
⅓ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
2 packs Oragnic Ramen
Toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
1. Fill a large with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When water starts to steam, toss in a small handful of salt.
2. While you wait for the water, cut chile in half lengthwise. Using your hands, pull out and remove stem and white ribs; discard. Tap out and discard any seeds, then finely chop chile.
3. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ¼"-thick half slices
Thinly slice scallions
4. Cut limes in half. Using a citrus reamer (or fork if you don’t have a reamer), juice limes into a small liquid measuring cup until you have ¼ cup; discard seeds. Cut remaining lime into wedges; set aside for serving.
5. Whisk miso, sesame oil, brown sugar, and lime juice in a large bowl until smooth.
6. Grate garlic into bowl and whisk
7. Whisking constantly, slowly stream in oil until dressing is smooth and thick. Whisk in water 1 Tbsp. at a time until dressing is the consistency of heavy cream (it’ll likely take about 2 Tbsp.).
8. When water is boiling vigorously, add pasta to pot and stir with tongs to prevent sticking. Cook according to package instructions.
9. Drain noodles in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking and remove any starch. Drain thoroughly, shaking off excess water, then add to bowl with sauce.
10. Toss noodles to coat in sauce, then add chile, cucumbers, and scallions. Season with more salt to taste and toss again to distribute.
11. Divide noodles among plates. Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve with reserved lime wedges alongside.